H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Getting Cricky Challenge

K Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky is to make any project using travel/pack your bags theme. My project is a hanging card for my parents. They bought their "vacation home" last fall...a Dynamax 24 foot RV they nicknamed Gypsy because they like to wander the country :) I used ATD travel-themed paper. The background is metallic maps, though you can't really tell in the picture. I cut the RV, Road Trip and the couple from the Going Places cart. The camera, sun and suitcase are from my new Pack Your Bags cart (love it!). The corner arrows were cut from the Picturesque cart. I used two Tim Holtz stamps: Enjoy the Journey and Not All Who Wander Are Lost. Both were stamped with Black Soot Distress Ink and then embossed with Holographic Embossing Powder from Ranger. I added some gold mesh behind Enjoy the Journey and brushed a layer of Mod Podge over the entire card. Corner eyelets and some decorative frayed ribbon finish it off.

4 comments:

Lisa G said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your craft room is awesome. I like your cards too. Momo sent me.

Mary Jaminski said...

Thank you for stopping by and following my blog! I love Tim Hotlz and all things Ranger. Momo sent me. Happy Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Lisa--that is awesome that you personalized it to look like your parent's rv! FABULOUS!
This is a great project and sooo sweet of you to do for your parents!
I'm your newest follower and I'm loving your blog--so cute!
Thanks soo much Lisa for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

Big Cricky Hugs,
Kristal Andrew

Sherrie K. said...

Nice hanging card!! Love the idea! Thanks for sharing...
Sherrie K.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...